Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 09:45 PM   #357 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
I actually really just hated the way they sounded. The way the blended hip hop into rock was very poorly done and the result was ear splitting. I honestly think Limp Bizkit's riffing is more interesting than half the **** Tom came up with, which is sad considering how much I hate Limp Bizkit. RATM's lyrics, while dumb, simply aren't what makes them a bad band. The fact that they failed at coming up with anything remotely close to resembling music is what makes them a bad band.
I don't know what you want me to say about this one, you think Limp Bizkit is better than RATM (or anyone for that matter), alright well we are in the unpopular opinion thread, I'd just wonder how that will look when someone quotes it back at you when you tell them they have no taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
10/10 post. I agree whole-heartedly. This is not to say that I don't mind some of their music, but their politics are like so much else in this county, empty rhetoric.
And to both of you, I'd ask who is allowed to complain then, the uneducated, under payed masses? Should they devote their non-existent time between three jobs to make social commentary on the world?

Come on now, lets be serious. First of all, Morello there is echoing the very Basics of Marxism when he talks about labor force, and while we can all have our opionions on how effective that form of government might be, its still a well formed thought about the trappings of capitalism.

I'd also like to add that every great revolutionary and thinker came from a class above the bottom, rallying them from above with the script of an educated, well lived person who took the time to acknowledge the sufferings of others. If you think because Morello has money, that he shouldn't complain as much or that he shouldn't be aware of the sufferings of others, I'd say you're heads up your ass to be quite honest.

Politics for some reason is the most polarizing topic I've ever seen. And for an unexplained reason, those uninterested are actively uninterested and try to belittle, downplay or change the subject every time it comes up. I suspect that with music its no different.