Music Banter - View Single Post - Ghosts - Does anyone believe they exist?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 07:54 AM   #87 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondskyy View Post
What do you believe then? That we when we die we just don't exist anymore? Can you realy comprehend that?
Yes.

Quote:
Why the hell are we here if its all for nothing?
You posed a question and answered it in the same sentence. Congratulations!

Quote:
Like the world you left behind never happened.
Leave the world behind? Never happened? The world's still there, pretty much the same except with an extra person who's dead instead of alive. You're still there, but you're dead. No thoughts, no movement. You with no brain or muscle activity. Then you decompose/are eaten by little organisms and your constituent parts gradually become more and more spread throughout atmosphere, the ground and the surrounding life.

How is it not having a full life to think that in essence you originally came from the surroundings and when you die you'll gradually disperse back into the surroundings? I think it's quite nice. Sure it doesn't have the subtle egotism associated with the concept of a 'soul' (some thing that magically created for the world when you're concieved or born, is magically whisked away when you die and makes you oh so special because some amazing being created you just so you could be so very special) but I think it's the best opinion to have because it seems closest to the truth.

I personally don't see how anybody could be unhappy accepting that their time as a concious being is only temporary and that they weren't created for any particular reason (except your mum and dad were feeling broody/frisky/drunk). How is it not enough to know that you're doing what your doing and simply find fulfillment in your daily actions? It's not necessary to make up blatant bull**** about there being some kind of reason for it all.

Last edited by DontRunMeOver; 03-19-2007 at 08:18 AM.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote