Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 10:47 PM   #369 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
RATM have nothing to complain about?

They cover a hell of a lot more issues than having to work for a living, I mean seriously, your logic baffles me, you're pretty much saying that people who aren't holding 3 jobs at a time shouldn't make political commentary.

Thats like a whole new level of stupid.
Exactly. And its violently evident that you're operating with your own agenda since Tom wasn't making a comment on how working sucks, just that its a severely unbalanced system in which a corporate oligarchy gets created.

He wouldn't mind working if people were rightly compensated and I think you can look at a simple issue like inflation increasing (in our country anyway) steadily since the 1970's but the federal minimum wage remaining the same creating a working poor with people working three jobs and still not making the bills.

You're also taking one line out of a RATM song and beating it to death, like the idiot who kept saying the Rolling Stones sold out because they wrote "Miss you." We get the point, and it may at some minor level have a valid point, but those lyrics could be fine in the context of the song. Even if their not, how about:

The sun ablaze as Maria's foot
Touches the surface of sand
On northern land
As human contraband
Some rico from Jalisco
Passed her name to the boss
She stuffed ten to a truck bed
She clutches her cross

No pissing and moaning. Their not pretending to be forced into drug smuggling to get into the country. Its an accurate portrayal of a situation that is all to common and created because of a lack of the free movement of people. its an issue and its a much better set of lyrics than:

I'm so ugly, but that's okay, 'cause so are you...
We've broken our mirrors
Sunday morning is everyday for all I care...
And I'm not scared
Light my candles in a daze...
'Cause I've found god - yeah, yeah, yeah