Music Banter - View Single Post - Modest Mouse
Thread: Modest Mouse
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #206 (permalink)
swim
dontcareaboutyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
May you come to the age where this argument proves the world has gone to ****.

1. What makes anyone think that a band would want to reproduce the same CD every time? The strokes blow by the way.

2. I'm fairly certain having heard what I have they weren't trying to make something that sounded exactly like the first few albums. I mean they must have had a vision, and because it wasn't a mirror imagine of M&A (which I'm sure if it had been, you'd have complained just the same) you didn't like it.

Were you hoping on a slight variation on a simple formula for the next 20 years?

We have bands that do that. Go love them.
I didn't say I didn't like it because it was different. So that's a pretty big leap you've made. The quality simply doesn't compare. I like bands that experiment and have nothing against them even when it goes wrong and stale. I like this album and I like Good News but they surely aren't at the same level. I completely adore all their albums the last two not so much. I really did want to like this album. I mean hell they're one of my favorite bands.

[ps. that's good guster album in your avatar I raved about that for a good while]