Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 10:58 AM   #465 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks
^ prove it. oh wait you can't cause your too busy being cool and doing drugs. my fault.

I would love to see people quote numbers or at least use logic in their statements. The reason Bush was elected twice is because he has a stable position as didn't change dramatically in his standpoint to satisfy splinter groups of liberals. Over 50% of American's said that the point they most considered when voting was morality. Apparantly people like having something called social stability and if someone can prove to me how we are denying g ay people rights (i'm bringing this up because that was pretty much what got Bush elected) I will switch my view and be anti-Bush.

I agree with you that Bush was re-elected based on his stable, easy-to-understand position. And the morality thing is ridiculous, what do Americans or any majority of humans know about morality in a time like this? There is a difference between morality and religion, I think some of the pollsters did not distinguish between the two that well.

Will you prove to me how we are NOT denying g a y people rights? Also, why is this a political issue? The only opponents of it cite religious reasons and "morals", but the real problems exist between the benefits of a marriage compared to a civil union. Regardless, my opinion is that is a civil rights issue, but honestly I could care less either way. I am not ***, but at the same time I don't feel heterosexuals should be telling homosexuals how to live.

BTW, I voted for Kerry because of the Bush administrations despicable foreign policy, their disasterous failure to balance the budget, and their disregard for government spending (ironically Republicans are known for low gov. spending). Honestly, to me, both were mere puppets to their respective parties, but it was an election. It's always gonna be down to the lesser of two evils.