Music Banter - View Single Post - Selling out
Thread: Selling out
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #32 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
So there is no difference , it's just an excuse for you to spit bile about 'indie fans' .... again, and then complain about how hard done by prog fans are .... again.
I've often said I don't care what kind of label a band is on.What I have a problem with is bands who claim to be paragons of individuality whilst writing 3 minute radio friendly crap while being signed to sony.
Be upfront about it, If a band were to say 'I don't care about underground credibility I just want to make music that people will like' i'll respect them a hell of a lot more.I might like the music , then again I might not , but i'll respect them for having some honesty.

RATM are not hypocrites at all, which is obviously what you're refering to. They're a band that obviously wants people to hear what they have to say (even if what they say has been told before, thats not the damn point), so being signed to Sony is not only NOT a problem, its a damn good thing they're signed to Sony.

Capitalism is a system that begs to be exploited, so exploiting it to preach against it is not hypocritical, its just a good logical way of gaining a platform. No one would have given a crap about Karl Marx if his work wasnt so well publicized, and thus there would be no cause for revolution.

Also their deeper tracks are hardly radio friendly. And most songs from the s/t debut clocked in over 5 minutes and were not commercial in structure. Oh my, their frontman screams a lot and kids just happen to dig that, they're sooooooooooo commercial.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 03-24-2007 at 05:29 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote