Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 01:35 AM   #429 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I never got the Elliot Smith hate.

I do think he's overrated by indies and emos alike, but I do like him. Nick Drake, now thats someone I just don't get at all. I heard Pink Moon, and I thought it was lame.
The majority of scene kids who hype him only do it for the same reason they hype Kurt Cobain because he committed suicide. And indie fans typically have this opinion "either/or is his only good album, everything else hes one sucks". Just sayin' hes mainly overrated by his massive following of fanboys and girls such as me

And I like Pink Moon is a really good chill album, I havn't checked out his other stuff. Nick Drake took me a few listens to get into because I didn't like his voice at first. After going through a Belle And Sebastian phase I listene to Pink Moon and it kind of clicked.

Since were talking about folk artists who are overrated, Iron And Wine. I like him and all, well a couple songs but most of his stuff is just way too the same. I tried chilling to an album once and it got really repetitive after the first few songs.

And Sufjan Stevens, John Wayne Gacy Jr. is an okay song, but I can get into him at all and i've tried quite a few times. I don't get why people freak out over him, hes really dull.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote