Music Banter - View Single Post - Song finding methods
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Olsonic
Groupie

Default Song finding methods

Alright, I spend plenty of time on the web searching for songs, but im mostly frusterated by the results. The method I use is to type a song that i like into google, and look for forums, reviews, reviewers etc. that will hopefully lead me to more music. Unfortunately the stuff usually sucks. I find rap and techno to be particularly difficult considering the majority of listeners for rap like ghetto/gangsta and techno listeners.....have no clue. So I hope that by registering for this forum (which is active.. woot!) I will find some people that have good ways of finding songs (and don't wanna buy thousands of dollars worth on iTunes..

Here are some of the songs I find amazing, if you like these, I'd love some reccomendations or some ways you find music too. And if you don't like it, please save negative comments for another thread.

Techno..ish

Royksopp - What else is there (thin white duke remix)
The Killers - Read my Mind (Pet shop boys remix)
DJ Taucher - End of Time
The Chemical Brothers - The Golden Path
Eric Pyrdz - Call on me

Rap
Outkast - 13th floor/growing old
AZ - This is what I do
Beanie Sigel - Remember them Dayz
blahh i'll stop considering this is an electronic thread

So im not exactly looking to dance. These songs are smooth, kinda poppy...but have tight beats and a deep composition rather than the short/repetitive BS that seems acceptable these days. (except call on me which is repetitive.. but come on... have you seen that video??)

So let me know what you think,

Olsonic