Music Banter - View Single Post - Crowquill Albums Recommendation's Thread.
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 01:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Stars "Set Yourself On Fire"

Label: Arts & Crafts International
Release Date: September 14, 2004 (Canada), March 8, 2005 (America)
Genre: Indie-Pop
Tracklist:
1. Your Ex-Lover Is Dead
2. Set Yourself on Fire
3. Ageless Beauty
4. Reunion
5. The Big Fight
6. What I'm Trying to Say
7. One More Night (Your Ex-Lover Remains Dead)
8. Sleep Tonight
9. The First Five Times
10. He Lied About Death
11. Celebration Guns
12. Soft Revolution
13. Calendar Girl

Stars is a canadian indie pop band featuring Amy Millan, Torquil Campbell, and Evan Cranley of Broken Social Scene and Chris Seligman and Pat McGee. Torquil Campbell is also in Memphis and Amy Millian has a solo project. Troquil and Amy are the singers, they trade off in some songs, sometimes sing together in others and in some just one sings like Reunion. Its like ouh catchy but not cheesy.

Set Yourself On Fire is Stars third album released on Arts & Crafts International, also home to Apostle of Hustle, Broken Social Scene, Feist and several others. In may theres going to be a released Do You Trust Your Friends? which is going to feature covers and remixes of songs from Set Yourself On Fire by artists such as The Russian Futurists, Final Fantasy, The Stills and others.

This is my favorite indie-pop album i've heard, some of the songs sound way too samey sometimes, but their is varation. You have faster songs like the First Five Times and Set Yourself On Fire to slower ones like Reunion and more slowed down like Sleep Tonight.

As I said this is my favorite indie pop album because of how much fun a lot of the tracks are and Torquil and Amys vocals sound amazing together, and its especially interesting to listen to the story telling lyrics and vocal trade offs in songs like Your Ex-Lover Is Dead.

Link: Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
Sample Tracks:
The First Five Times
Reunion
Set Yourself On Fire
Your Ex-Lover Is Dead
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote