Music Banter - View Single Post - Stars
Thread: Stars
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyat_thesix View Post
really? i haven't listened to it. all the bands that did the remixing are good, though... and the first track is Owen Pallett who can do no wrong...
I thought that majority of the bands involved were average at best, and most the remixes are just lackluster and uninteresting. None of them really add anything to any of the songs, and when it comes right down to it I thought most of the songs were just plain boring. A part of me disliking this probably has to do with the fact that I really just don't enjoy some of these bands, but even artists I do like kind of fucked up here.

Junior Boys, for example, a band that I think are great, seem to have really put no effort at all into their own remix. The song they chose (or had chosen for them, I don't know), "Sleep Tonight," is really right up their alley in regards to the songs they usually make. But instead of really doing anything at all with it they just (from what it sounds like to me) phone it in by adding a boring beat and then just leaving there. Almost every song on here sort of feels like that to me, like the artists involved didn't really know what to do so they didn't really do anything.

Having said all that, I do think the Russian Futurists' cover is great. But that and maybe two or three other songs I thought were decent were all I enjoyed.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote