Music Banter - View Single Post - Trying to Find Non-Satanic Rock
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
slickhare
Groupie

Default Trying to Find Non-Satanic Rock

I'd like to start by saying that i'm not trying to criticize people for their beliefs, but music that glorifies satan goes against my beliefs. that's all.

but anywho, I started listening to some Led Zeppelin and similar bands through Pandora (which i'm assuming most people here are pretty familiar with). But then while looking into the history of Led Zep while bored, i learned of their ties to satanic figures, and the alleged satanic references in "Stairway to Heaven" (as well as the claims about it being played backward). from then on i had a hard time finding bands who didn't have some sort of satanic reference or ties, like Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden. I mean the songs Pandora played didn't seem to solicit any satanic beliefs, and i admit, before i looked to see who the song was by i was thinking to myself that i kinda liked the song, but i just can't reconcile listening to bands that are about that.

I'm sure someone else here has faced a similar dilemma. I like Led Zep's sound, but i could do without the satanic undertones. any resources that could help me figure out which bands to steer clear of?