Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Slipknot Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 01:13 PM   #144 (permalink)
Fenixpunk
The Erroneous Hoodlum

Listen to whatever you want, doesnt concern me, but when someone says hey what do you think of slipknot, im gonna tell them exactly what i think about them and recommend an alternative, just as i did on this thread. I wasnt "hating" on slipknot, just stating that they are a mediocre metal band with a stage gimmick that is nowhere near original.

BTW - the gwar interview that i was refering to -
darkstar: What does “Gwar” mean?
Oderus: “What does Gwar mean?”

darkstar: Yeah, because I’ve heard it stood for “God What an Awful Racket.”
Oderus: Just to let you know, it’s not an acronym for, you know, “*** Weird Anal Reprobates,” all right? It’s not that. Even though we are, ok? We’re not denying that. We’re supporting it. We’re advocating it.

darkstar: So what does it mean?
Oderus: Whoa whoa whoa! Wait a minute. You know what? A lot of people ask me this question: “What does “Gwar” mean?” I don’t know. I don’t know what the name of my own band means.

Jen: Did you make it up?
Oderus: No. No! I’m just…I am that. That’s what I am. I’m Gwar. Whatever I am is what Gwar is. So I guess that’s the struggle all people have – the quest for self identity. That’s what Gwar is, why we’re alive. Yeah, this weed in Vancouver is really good. “I’m Eddie Vedder.” [Mumbles, then sings incoherently.] Die! Just ****ing die! Die! [Sings.] “Don’t call me daughter.” What the **** does that mean? All right, next question. Sorry, I mean, I could go with this for a while, my Eddie Vedder impersonations. “Hey Eddie, Kurt Cobain just blew his head off!” [Mumbles.]

complete interview