Music Banter - View Single Post - Crowquill 50.
Thread: Crowquill 50.
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

49. Rosie Thomas

Genre: Singer/Songwriter, Folk
Released: December 12th, 2006
Label: Sub Pop
Tracklist:
1. If This City Never Sleeps
2. Why Waste More Time?
3. The One I Love
4. Much Farther to Go
5. Paper Doll
6. Kite Song
7. Songbird
8. All The Way to New York City
9. Say Hello
10. These Friends of Mine

This is probably my favorite Rosie Thomas, it features a number of singer/songwriters including Sufjan Stevens, Denison Witmer, David Bazan, Damien Jurado, and Jeremy Enigk (formerly of Sunny Day Real Estate). I never cared for Sufjan, Jeremy Enigk is fantastic and I havn't heard the others but am interested in checking them out.

Thomas has a beautiful voice thats enchanting with the music, I probably wouldn't love her music half as much if she wasn't from Seattle. Her music reminds me of that, and watership down for some reason, anyway shes most similar to Deb Talan that I can think of. Lyrically the album is for the most part kind of lame and straight up sappy theres alot of stuff like "Sometimes I cry when it's late at night and you're not there to lay next to me morning breaks and the sun warms my face how I wish it was you warming me" but luckily the music/vocal work makes up for it, though the lyrics can sound like something from a teenagers diary they can be very relate able at times despite the corny metaphors. This album is probably my favorite album shes released because its the most solid all the way through.

Favorite Songs:# If This City Never Sleeps, Much Farther To Go, Songbird
Link: hxxp://www.megaupload.com/?d=XAVGXIRV
www.myspace.com/rosiethomasmusic
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote