Music Banter - View Single Post - Crowquill 50.
Thread: Crowquill 50.
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

47. The Fall Of Troy "The Fall Of Troy"

Genre: Progressive/Experimental/Hardcore
Released: November 4th, 2003
Label: Lujo Records
Tracklist:
1. Rockstar Nailbomb!
2. Spartacus
3. The Circus That Has Brought Us Back to These Nights (Yo Chocola)
4. Mouths Like Sidewinder Missiles
5. The Last March of the Ents
6. F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P.
7. Whacko Jacko Steals the Elephant Man's Bones
8. Reassurance Rests in the Sea
9. The Adventures of Allan Gordon
10. I Just Got This Symphony Goin'
11. What Sound Does a Mastodon Make?

Coming out of the Washington experimental hardcore scene thats produced such bands of as the Blood Brothers the Fall Of Troy play a blend of progressive rock and hardcore. Their two biggest influences being Rush and At The Drive-In and it clearly shows. The vocals range from rush-esque singing to screaming and screeching and fast paced spazzy music with Thoms quick and also spazzy guitaring.

The album was recorded when they were 17 and in one week throughout one take, it doesn't show at all, though theres one mistake in FCPSITSGEPGEPGEP that I didn't really notice until my best friend pointed it out to me. The album is a fast paced album except for one song and shows their more hardcore side which isn't as prominent in their later releases. Its possibly my favorite album to come out of the Seattle hardcore scene, and my favorite release by the Fall Of Troy who are also one of my favorite bands to come out of the Seattle hardcore scene.

Favorite Songs: Rockstar Nailbomb!, F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P., I Just Got This Symphony Goin', Whacko Jacko Steals the Elephant Man's Bones
purevolume™ | The Fall Of Troy

will upload on request.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote