Music Banter - View Single Post - Crowquill 50.
Thread: Crowquill 50.
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 04:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

45. Sunny Day Real Estate "The Rising Tide"

Genre: Indie-Rock/Post-Emo (ish)
Released: June 20th, 2000
Label: Time Bomb Recordings
Tracklist:
1. Killed by an Angel
2. One
3. Rain Song
4. Disappear
5. Snibe
6. The Ocean
7. Fool in the Photograph
8. Tearing in My Heart
9. Television
10. Faces in Disguise
11. The Rising Tide

Sunny Day Real Estate was an influential indie/post-emo band from seattle. They helped start the whole post-emo movement though towards their later releases began to stray from that sound and showed more indie-rock influences and in some songs acoustic influences. The Rising Tide still holds some of their original sound though since its their last release its vastly different from Diary. I prefer this one just because it has my favorite songs on it, and because it was the first Sunny Day album I heard. I fell in love with Jeremys voice the first time I heard it, though on the earlier albums it evokes more emotion it still sounds fantastic on the Rising Tide and more matured and polished and he sings the lines like "We sink like stones / And we're lost beneath the waves /Not a trace to mark the graves" beautifully.

Favorite Songs: The Rising Tide, Rain Song, One, Disappear
Link: hxxp://www.divshare.com/download/292876-bc6
www.myspace.com/onedayistoppedbreathing
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote