Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums that you own and like, but would still consider overrated.
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wild7Dustr
Music Addict

Default Albums that you own and like, but would still consider overrated.

Just put down the albums that you own, yet think have gotten way much more credit (for being good) than they deserve.Also say if you are thinking of either still keeping the album or getting rid of it, ya see?Keep your lists to a max of 10 albums.I'll comment on each album right below its title.

Here's my list to start things off:
(Alphabetical Order)

Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies.

- Their last 2 albums were great.How could they fail this badly on this one?

Lamb Of God - New American Gospel.

- It's a good album, but not something good enough, strong enough and heavy enough to wanna play often.It pretty much shows nothing to prove that they are a unique and talented "death metal" band here.

Lamb Of God - Sacrament.

- This is a terrible sounding album that doesn't have many good songwriting qualities to "praise" all that much.I think God has called an end to this band making any more good albums, although I'll be interested in what their next album sounds like.After all, God is a very forgiving man.

Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos.

- Luckily I bought this album used and it has some decent songwriting shown throughout.Still, it's a big downstep from her earlier, (much) greater albums.

Motley Crue - Generation Swine.

- This is like a kids version of a Motley Crue album.It's got some pretty good songs, but the "Shout At The Devil" redo song is pretty bad and disappointing.

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime II.

- Operation Mindcrime is an incredible album, while this "continuation" is pretty pathetic.I have (I believe) 5 or 6 Queensryche albums, including Operation Mindcrime, Empire and Tribe and I'd probally consider this album the worst of all Queensryche albums that I own.

Rush - Vapor Trails.

- This album is alright, but I think that Rush could've made a better album than this, like they have in the past.I mean, it's still a good album, yet also overrated.

Tool - 10,000 Days.

- This is Tool's worst album and it's been highly overrated by metal magazines and sites.I mean, I'm a huge Tool fan and get quite excited when each 7 or so years go by, knowing that a Tool album might finally come out, but just because it takes so long for the band to finally come out with an album doesn't mean that I'll call it "album of the year" if it's not worthy.This (almost surprisingly) is one of those albums that clearly is not worthy.

Nice talkin'.Now let's see your lists.
Wild7Dustr is offline   Reply With Quote