Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums that you own and like, but would still consider overrated.
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 02:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
I semi-disagree with you. It is a good album, but it is Tool's worst album. Up against Tool's other work it almost sucks, but I think it really isn't that bad of a album. Though the song Jambi is way to overrated.
I don't think Tool really have any single album masterpiece except for Lateralus. All the others in some way fell short. Undertow was short on ideas and development and was tired about 3 quaters in, Ænima was hurt by its mediocre ambient tracks and the general lack of unity (often it feels more like a compilation of writings over a period of years rather than parts written with the others in mind), and 10,000 Days just was not much of an evolution from Lateralus. Saying that, 10,000 Days definitely has enough memorable songs on it, it's just short of anything great. And Jambi's the best song on it! Tool reached their high point in 2001, I shouldn't think they'll ever emulate it. Next album'll probably be even worse.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote