Music Banter - View Single Post - Virginia Tech shootings
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Alo
Scarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver View Post
I agree. I think he might O'Reilly might have got some wires crossed with that info because I read that the police had been interviewing the boyfriend of the girl who was shot in the dorms because he had a bunch of guns too. From what I can telll they originally thought he'd shot her and one other guy, and were talking to him when the others started being shot in the Engineering building.

You're right that he didn't have any official record of being crazy and the people who sold him the guns and ammo are no more at fault for selling him these items than they are for selling the same to all of their customers before and since. But he clearly was crazy, as was demonstrated by his actions, so I stick to my complaint that crazy people can buy guns. The solution that I propose is that nobody is allowed to buy guns and ammo. This will mean that crazy people can't buy guns or ammo.
I totally agree with that. Some people argued that the obtaining of a gun would be far more popular because they are hard to get. But this will only count for a small group of people. And if it is harder to get a gun, this might slow down impulse killing, making the killer change his/her mind, and not do it.