Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Musicians
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hood
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lies View Post
i don't agree with you about a lot of things there, especially about Sid Vicious.

anyway.

Mike Watt - he's an amazing bassist, and from interviews seems like a really smart, all-round great guy. His love for D Boon always shines thru as well, and you can tell there was an incredible bond between those two guys which to me helps make the Minutemen much more than your average band. He's my favorte musician.

Thurston Moore - easily my favorite guitarist. I admire where he came from musically and his stories from over the years, and how he gives smaller and some pretty far out bands a lot of time and recognition. He's always been a very innovative guitarist, he's also got countless side-projects, and lots of other stuff going on as well, like his lable ecstatic peace. And he owns about a million vinyls.

Steve Albini - he's been in Big Black, Shellac and Rapeman. That's 3 pretty awesome bands. But he's also one of the best producers in alternative music, in my opinion. The Jesus Lizard, The Ex, Pixies, Slint, Low, Mclusky and lots of other great bands have all benefited from his work. He looks like a total dork, but he's done well for himself.

others later.

sid vicious is very important to punk rock, if you look at many important musicians in the past 20 years or so, many will say that Sid ad the Sex Pistols are very important to punk and music in general.

But I defenitley agree with you on Mike Watt. Damn, what an amazing artist he is. I like Thurston Moore's story he told in Nirvana's Box Set booklet.