Music Banter - View Single Post - Emo Survey - Calling all Lovers/Haters to speak up
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 12:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
beat yr own KID
Music Addict

1). Do you listen to emo?
Used to a lot.
2). Do you know about emo's origins in Washington, D.C. way back in the 80s?
I live in DC so definetly.
3). How do the war in Iraq and acts of terroist violence make you feel?
Haha just read all the lyrics to Horses In The Sky by A Silver Mount Zion. That's how I feel.
4). Do you feel safe in the world you live in? Explain why.
No. Radicalism is the new black. People are taking metaphores and stories way too seriously and using it as an excuse to hurt and kill other people for their fairytale causes. When the world is sick, can no one be well?
5). In a sentence, explain your feelings towards emo culture, postive or negative? Haha "emo" culture is dead. The real one anyway. There are a few scattered scenes in places but they're not even considered emo now. They're just all punk rock is the real sense of the word. Not mohawk punk rock. Real punk rock. What people consider "emo" culture now is just pop culture now. I don't even get offended when people talk **** on emo because they don't know what it is and it's a thing of the past. Time to move on.

6). What's your age/gender/name? 21/m/adam
I was dead. This was hell. There were no demons, no hellfire or brimstone, just a deep, complete feeling of darkness and hopelessness. This was the never-ending void. Not at all how I had imagined it, but worse than I thought that it could have been.
beat yr own KID is offline   Reply With Quote