Music Banter - View Single Post - Band Polls: Round 4: Poll A
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 11:08 PM   #60 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Yeah I agree with this, Pearl Jam has had a horribly strong influence on Modern Rock radio, which isn't their fault, but it is what it is.

No, I'm pissed because a lot of good bands lost to Bright Eyes when fevers (or whatever album had the radio interview) was one of the more pretentious albums ever made. And since when have you know what you're talking about? You can make a connection from Bright Eyes to Sunny Rollins if you want to, and its much easier to Nirvana. I don't think what I said was any more correct or incorrect than what you said.

Edit: And whoa where is the perfunctory "grunge isn't a genre" comment, or do we save that for people we don't like?
I completely agree, Fevers and Mirrors was a pretentious album, especially the interview. He was making fun of himself and the album, thats some of the most pretentious shit ever!

Bright Eyes shouldn't be this far, I really wanted the last poll to be the White Stripes, Zeppelin, Radiohead, Pink Floyd and The Smiths!