Music Banter - View Single Post - the philosophy thread
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #123 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
It was... you know... a joke.
I still expect better from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lies View Post
I don't like the whole "being pessimistic means you'll never be disappointed" way of thinking. I think it's much better to assume that if you want something enough, you'll get it eventually - and if you **** up, you can learn from it and succeed next time.

I do think that being honest is much much better than trying hard to please other people by giving opinions you don't agree with. If you think how you are with your close friends, you don't always agree with them, and you'll let them know. There'll be (friendly) arguments about certain things. Voicing your own opinion and not just thoughtlessly agreeing with everything someone says earns you their respect, as long as you're not being too needlessly aggressive about it.
Being all realistic about things doesn't mean I don't get what I want. I honestly can't think of any person or thing that I really wanted that I didn't get. I just don't want outlandishly impossible things like yoda or to be a Pokemon master and travel the world with Pikachu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel_l View Post
Always be hones.

1. Its good for the soul.
2. It keeps you stress free as you'e not thinking of someone finding out you lied.
3. by telling the truth you dont compound the original problem
4. It'll get you to heaven. (*..runs..*)
5. Only wimps tell lies. they can't handle telling the truth!

Eh i should clarify I'm not on about lying to things like 'Do i look fat in this?' (Answer: Yes dear, In fact you're blocking all available natural light.) type questions or harmless funny lies. I'm talking about 'grade A' lies. If that makes any sense.
I don't think lying will get me into heaven and a lot of your assumptions about lying I find hard to believe. But my bf doesn't bother lying about my appearance, he's told me many mornings "you look like crap today, go home." And it just makes me smile.