Music Banter - View Single Post - Real Music for Kids??? PLEASE HELP!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
Trauma
snickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
You wouldn't recommend Nick Drake because hes sad...but you recommend Elliott and Bright Eyes? That and bright eyes and elliott swear quite a bit this is a little kid, Nick Drake would be more appropriate.
Specifically, I would recommend:
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
Elliott Smith - XO

They don't swear too much on those, and they have a pretty aesthetic and soothing quality about them.
Even though Smith is just about as depressing as Drake, it's much more subtle, I don't think a kid would realize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I don't know why people would suggest post rock for a 6 year old , hell I find about 80% of it boring now , God knows what I would have thought of it when I was 6.
When I was that age I wanted short catchy songs I could sing along to. I think mainstream rock thats easy to find on the radio would be the most ideal , stuff like The Killers , Kasier Chiefs , Razorlight ...stuff thats energetic & catchy.
I only recommended Sigur Ros, because most of their songs are beautifully crafted and happy.

Also, that catchy rock stuff is a must for kids, I just wouldn't personally recommend it.

Anyway, I'm with cardboard adolescent, I was raised on Rage Against the Machine/Nirvana/Smashing Pumpkins, that's the way to go, I'm also with him on a sexual level btw.