Music Banter - View Single Post - Emo Survey - Calling all Lovers/Haters to speak up
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #29 (permalink)
SugaryxScars
Groupie

1). Do you listen to emo?

No.

2). Do you know about emo's origins in Washington, D.C. way back in the 80s?
yes.

3). How do the war in Iraq and acts of terroist violence make you feel?

the term Terrorism is used by politicians to evoke fear in the people's mind so they become more realiant on their government systems. For example Due to the war in Iraq some American people have become to take what the government says as dogma as they are in a state of fear. As far as my feelings well it makes me angry that Bush manipulated Blair into sending UK troops to fight a supposed 'War on Terror' when it had no implications towards the Uk. The term 'War on Terror' is a false statement as as far as Bush's administration is concerned it appears that terror refers to extreme Islam- when in reality 'Terror' is all over the world. Not in the Mid-East. Having lived in the Mid-East recently I feel sad as Islamic people are becoming targets and suspects not only withing their home country but throughout the globe, and this is a complete misconception of the Islam faith ( of course excluding the minority of extremist groups) Iraq is a lost cause as having family who have fought in the war I know much more about the corruption and deceit that has occured- none of which will ever be reported.

4). Do you feel safe in the world you live in? Explain why.

Yes. Living in fear is selling yourself short.

5). In a sentence, explain your feelings towards emo culture, postive or negative?

Give or take, yes there are Emo's out there who are in it purely for the music. However, being a solid listener to Hardcore punk, in my opinion the Emo movement has given punks' a bad name as now we are associated with the many poser emo's out there that cut themseleves for attention, write suicide notes when they really don't have the balls to do it..etc. The Emo's I have been exposed to are arrogant and deluded, so personally Ihave a neagative view towards this culture.
Sorry longer than a sentence!

6). What's your age/gender/name? (for quotation purposes only

17/f/Chelle
SugaryxScars is offline   Reply With Quote