Music Banter - View Single Post - Your 4 Favorite Albums By Legendary Bands.
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 06:57 PM   #40 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
But i'm not saying that though If people want to listen to Metallica or RHCP then it doesn't bother me , they can listen to whatever they like. All i'm saying is that snobbery comes from both camps. You mentioned snobbery in indie fans I was just re-addressing the balance. I don't dislike classic bands , i'm simply bored of being told how great they are over & over again. This is after all a forum for discussion , I don't criticise people for the bands they listen to , I just criticise the bands they listen to.Hell I even criticise bands I enjoy. And most of the hostility I have come across comes from classic rock fans who churn out the same 'You can't say that , it's a classic' mantra or words to that effect.
Indie fans are nowhere near as bad as that because if you say that you hate a band they like 2 months later they'll agree with you.

This isn't me labelling people , just observations I have made.
Thats one thing that annoys me. And I still find them to be generally more obnoxious than classic rock fans, who don't get me wrong, can be very obnoxious.

The most interest thing I find about indie fans is that when I actually agree with them on something, they will conveniently change their opinion over time. Almost as if they are just shaping their music tastes and forcing themselves to be as different from "the mainstream kids" as much as possible.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote