Music Banter - View Single Post - some new music, plz
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sound Devastation
Music Addict

Three favourites of mine spring to mind for you. i don't know if you've heard any of them as i have no idea what you're already into.

Im recommending these with the idea of it being stuff you havent heard before.

All three are very dark, alot of depth and alot of atmosphere. choose the right moment to listen to them.. you cant have them on in the background while you surf the net, it doesnt work. go to bed, switch off the lights, chill out.. then listen. listen in the order i post them..

Anoice - Remmings

This insrumental japanese band blend post-rock with a strong classical influence. This, their debut album, is a haunting masterpeice of beautiful classical musicianship with the atmosphere of bands such as godspeed.

Kayo Dot - Dousing Anemone With Copper Tongue

Again a strong classical influence, due to the multi-instrumentalist/lyricist/composer/vocalist and string musician/vocalsist duo, Toby Driver and Mia (who's surname i cant remember). Although there are about 10 people playing on this record, its all their work. Again its a blend of classical with a genre of modern rock, however this time it is doom... something (as far as i know) which had never really been done before, has been pulled off flawlessly on this record.

If you found Kayo Dot a bit too depressing/disturbing i do not recommend listening to number 3. not in the dark anyway.

Khanate - Things Viral

This is one of the most extreme, depressing, sickeningly dark yet brilliant records ive ever heard. this is the grim of all grimness (apart from one other album by one other band but i wont go into that here), yet worryingly their catchiest, most listenable release.

Well thats my intro to experimental doom.. i can give you some uplfting recommendations if you'd rather?

AMENRA - Mass III 2xLP [stunning vinyl release of the belgian sludgecore giants epic 06 album]

FALL OF EFRAFA - Owsla & Elil CD&LP [British crust/doom/post-metal band Fall of Efrafa deliver part two (Elil) on their dark conceptual trilogy. Part one (Owsla) will also be re-released for the first time in the UK]

visit...
Sound Devastation Records website

Last edited by Sound Devastation; 05-05-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Sound Devastation is offline   Reply With Quote