Music Banter - View Single Post - Your 4 Favorite Albums By Legendary Bands.
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 05:19 PM   #59 (permalink)
mushie
Groupie

Reading this thread with interest and it's still strange to see people really bitching about other peoples music tastes after all this time. I am 35 and grew up listening to metal, but had always liked stuff that was'nt metal (this was in mid-late 80's) I.E THE DOORS, MARILLION, PINK FLOYD etc, and got a lot of ribbing from fellow friends of not being true to my preferred genre-what a load of horse**** I thought-I cut my hair ditched the leathers and listened to what I want. As I said I am now 35 with two kids, no hair and a sensible job and I still listen to what i want, and don't care one iota about anyone elses opinions nor do I belittle anyone else's. My eldest son listens to godawful commercial rap-I hate it, but it's his choice and I cant belittle him for that. By all means discuss and cogitate each others musical tastes, but don't rip the **** out of them, if people are listening to stuff that's not considered mainstream-then it's all good. Even bands like RHCP that are seemingly mainstream, most definitely are'nt. You go to any 100 random houses in England or USA and I bet less than a quarter would have a RHCP album. Just because lots of bands are smaller than others does'nt neccessarily mean they are better-concentrate on what you listen to and that's it. I listen to everything from Ambient to Death Metal, Dub to Old punk and love it all-just chill out people-the world would be boring if we all liked the same stuff!
mushie is offline   Reply With Quote