Music Banter - View Single Post - Emo is the best punk music
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #95 (permalink)
mushie
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acratertocoffin View Post
You know, I'm absolutely convinced these kids know that emo is punk, but for the sake of being dumbasses, are just reiterating the exact same statements with no new arguments or any way of backing them up.
Kid? I'm beginning to think that a lot of people on these boards have too high an opinion of themselves-and are lambasting people to look cool.

Okay PUNK is an attitude, a way of life. A social situation. Middle class young men bemoaning their love lives (or lack of) does not constitute punk. Railing against the system, unhappiness at your lack of economic status and having political leanings are just some of the elements of punk. Jamming in a garage and releasing a rough demo shorn of a studio polish could be considered PUNK. Releasing albums on their own Independent labels is considered PUNK, not glossy studio numbers. I would much rather put early electro/hip hop along with punk not EMO.

For the record I'm 35 I dare say some will now trot out the old classics like old fart etc and I do like some EMO but it is not punk.