Music Banter - View Single Post - Band Polls: Round 5: Final Poll
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 06:10 AM   #112 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

I've read the Bob Dylan Chronicles, I don't see how I can be told off for making cuff statements when you treat it like I heard Mr. Tambourine Man on the radio and thats all I know about Dylan.

In volume 1. he talks about his albums, and he never once aimed to be original he aimed to make folk music and guess who he tried to sound like as much as possible? Woody Guthrie, he even admits it. He was criticized by some local scenester for it and was shown some album by Jack Elliott (not rambling) who was a another folk artist who did exactly what Guthrie did but 'better', and then Dylan started sounding like that. Thats not super original is it?

Anyway that post was more meant to prove the point that Inuzaka's standards of amazing were flawed which seemed to be able to apply well to certain genres but not to others.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote