Music Banter - View Single Post - Most important instrument in a band
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 10:30 PM   #146 (permalink)
Alexander the Grape
Un****withable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Actually it is. If the bass is not audible to you, either get better speakers or go to a doctor to get your ears checked. I ****ing hate it when you can't hear the bass, I keep the bass turned up on all of my cd players and radios.
Wait...you say that I should get my ears checked if I can't hear the bass, and then say that you hate it when you can't hear the bass? If bass is so easy to hear you wouldn't need to turn up the bass all the time. Just saying... because I do the same thing, and its because with a flat EQ you usually can't hear the bass much at all.

I also mentioned before that you can hear the bass through good speakers/headphones, but usually not through bad ones, which lots of people use and don't seem to mind the missing bass. That was kinda my main point.

Also, depending on the genre, the bass can be mixed very differently. Or just if its a ****ty recording. I got new speakers for my ipod that are really nice, and I'm starting to notice the bass more in a lot of songs, but a lot of punk songs I can still barely discern the bass. On the other hand, even with pretty bad speakers I can hear the bass in ska songs. So I would say its probably just the music rather than my ears.