Music Banter - View Single Post - help me find music
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
cardboard adolescent
;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lies View Post
I'd have thought the room might shake if you turned their early stuff up full volume.

Bark Psychosis and Talk Talk might be what you're after. Talk Talk's last album is really chill, has nice vocals, and is one of the best produced albums ever. Bark Psychosis is similar but with more emphasis on bass, but I find their vocalist gets a litte annoying after a while. Good bands, though.

Certain parts of Fugazi's The Argument are perfect for the vibe you're describin' as well. It's so well produced, cool bass as always, and with some really chill moments. Of course there are some shoutier moments too though, so it won't work as a whole album for ya.

The Feelies are pretty great too, but I think you know them. In fact, I'm sure I downloaded their album Crazy Rhythms from you about a year ago or sumthin'. You've probably heard all of these.
Yeah, I was thinking something with a bit more rhythm than Talk Talk or Bark Psychosis though... they're good bands but when I listen to them I just kind of lose the will to do anything, if you know what I mean.
cardboard adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote