Music Banter - View Single Post - An Inconvenient Truth
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

"well" he said, "I used to be a conservationist. I used to weep and wail about people shooting bald eagles with automatic shotguns from helicopters an all that, but I gave it up. There's a river in Cleveland which i so polluted that it catches fire about once a year. That used to make me sick, but I laugh at it now. When some tanker accidentally dumps its load in the ocean, and kills millions of birds and billions of fish, I say, 'More power to Standard Oil,' or whoever it was that dumped it." Trout raised his arms in celebration. "'Up your ass with Mobil gas," he said.

The driver was upset by this. "You're kidding," he said.
"I realized," said Trout, "that God wasn't any conservationist, so for anybody else to be one was sacrilegious and a waste of time. You ever see one of His volcanoes or tornadoes or tidal waves? Anybody ever tell you about the Ice Ages he arranges for every half-million years?...(more stuff along those lines, i'm getting tired of typing).

The driver was impressed. "come to think about it," he said, "I don't think there's anything about conservation anywhere in the Bible."
"Unless you want to count the story about the Flood," said Trout.

^Amazing book, a good read for anybody. I just thought that passage fit this thread and was slightly humorous.