Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Metallica Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 10:53 AM   #356 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
Are you sure it's Hammett who gave harmony to Metallica - I doubt it? Got any examples/evidence, because he didn't actually write that much in Metallica until later days.
Examples? How about he created all of his own solos, which not only gave metallica the counterpuntal interplay responsible for giving metal a shot of classical, but he also brought a strong sense of harmony on any track that would allow for it.

The lack of respect for Kirk is largely due to ignorance, deafness, a lack of ever hearing metallica or all three. I know its the bag for metal "fans" these days to trash metallica because they decided to sing, but it doesn't mean you can just make things up.

As for lars, he does what he needs to. You can't have an act full of superstars without sounding like Phish or moe. I think something you guys (meaning metal fans) forget is that some people like a base to work off of, and lars certainly provides that, with I'd say largely decent results. Not many bands are stadium worthy, Metallica certainly is.

And because of the amazing ridiculousness of this thread, I'll finish with