Music Banter - View Single Post - Democratic Candidates
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Excellent point, Ben,

On top of that, showing women can fill mens shoes is a terrible way to look at the situation for three reasons:

1. This isn't a high school student body we're running, its a massive country with multiple important issues going on at once. You don't say "its time for a woman" you say "we need a leader." Gender should be irrelevent and frankly I don't give a **** if a woman is never elected. It would be nice, but who care? Aren't there a million other more pressing more legitimate issues we could be dealing with? Will Hillary erase the corporate glass ceiling? Will rape stop, will it solve domestic abuse? No, it won't and lets look at it from the converse of your liberal idealistic position. We had a woman governor here in Mass and it was celebrated by all the lefties that thought this was just the greatest thing ever. She ****ed up so bad that it set back women in politics here for 20 odd years. Its not all peaches and cream in the shark tank, this is politics not candy land.

2. how do you want these shoes filled? Just in the position? Because what you get with Hillary is business as usual. She's not just going to be in the position, shes going to act as if any other 50+ white male got into the position. And as I said before, that is going to completely **** woman in politics. Can you imagine if Hillary goes the way of the last 3 to 4 presidents? Just look at any administration and think what it would be like if they could tack on "and shes a woman" to any of those arguments?

"read my lips, no new taxes"

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" (easy MJ)

"Mission Accomplished"

At least if you had a woman who did something different and got chastised, it would be a case for a "grass is always greener" approach, but Hillary is set to pull the same ol' ****, and frankly its not going to look good for your Netherlands utopia.

3. This might be a conglomerate but what i find most times when a group (usually the democrats) say "we need a [minority/woman/homosexual/alien] to step up and take charge", they rarely give a **** how qualified the person is, they just what that statistic up there, and theres terrible all over the place. Not only will the same situation happen as I mentioned before, but what kind of faith is that in a candidate? We don't care what you think, or what your message is, just lob yourself up there and smile pretty so that we can all feel good about ourselves and lose some white guilt. Its ****ing bull****.

If you want a woman to take office, have her be a woman second, and qualified for the office first. If you truly want some equality, perhaps you shouldn't pay as much mind to the gender or color of a candidate.

Oh and Ben, keep in mind Obama knows rhetoric, and the "all options on the table" maneuver is most assuredly stated to show that he's not weak. The democrats are fighting to get back their strong stance on National Defense that they had prior to the Carter administration. It was reinforced when during the debate, Obama had to back pedal after Biden and Richardson gave tougher stances on how they'd handle a terrorist attack.

The democrats are in the unique position of having locked up their base already due to GW being in office. Can you imagine any democrat voting republican? Probably not. This may be the primaries but their already swinging for the Midwestern swing voter. I had some other point I wanted to make but its gone...damn. Anyway, that might be enough for now.