Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Metallica Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 08:54 AM   #359 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Just so we're clear here Seltzer, I'm not getting in a month long subjective battle. Its clear that the one member of Metallica that has branched out more than anyone else is Kirk. I'm aware classical influences were strongly exhibited prior to him, but you are forgetting that Metallica are essentially the Bob Dylan, the Mozart, and the Groucho Marx of metal. Since AJFO, all metal acts pass through Metallica one way or another.

And as far as the "average solos" and "not much left" is concerned, he was the first guitarist inducted in the Guitar World hall of fame as voted on by its readers. You can say thats worth nothing all you want, but they had the option to pick anyone alive or dead (hendrix, page, clapton) and they chose him. This isn't a populist mainstream magazine, its catered to people who play guitar, giving them more than a mild knowledge of the subject.

So lets see, thats me and at least roughly 4000 voting readers against...you. You show me where any of your facts are backed up. To quote the Supplicants, "here the people rule". Well my friend, the people have spoken.