Music Banter - View Single Post - Nirvana- nevermind album review
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapSucks View Post
Sorry but I disagree about RHCP. I guess I'm not funky enough.
What I like about their 80s stuff is actually the punkishness. They were so much more fun back then. I remember being so disappointed when "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" came out.

Quote:
Also, I wasn't listening to the radio in the 80's because I was under 6 years old, but how many of those bands got radio play? I'm talking about mainstream music, that's what Nevermind was and what it primarily affected. (Although underground punk would not be as popular today if Nirvana didn't come along.) Underground music is a whole different issue.
Jane's Addiction, The Pixies, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Joy Division, The Smiths and Killing Joke got an fair amount of radio play. As did, of course bands, like REM and U2 (yes, believe it or not, they were once really good bands).

And let's face it, most of what was on the radio in the 90s was crap like Color Me Bad and Boyz II Men. The bands you're talking about were mostly relegated to the one rock station in town.

Quote:
And if I hear "Jane Says" one more time in my life I may kill myself!!! Definitely one of the worst (most annoying) songs I've ever heard.
I could see how someone could get tired of that song. But "Jane Says" isn't the end-all be-all of Jane's Addiction any more that "Under the Bridge" is the end-all be-all of the Chili Peppers.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote