Music Banter - View Single Post - Screaming in Music in 10 Years
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
bardonodude
Music Addict

I like bands that scream most of the time and sing in the catharctic parts lol. I know a lot of people allocate screaming with being "satanic" music. Lets put it this way, Jazz (in its initial inception) was looked at by the majority of people as being "devils music" and now it is an accepted form of music. Screaming in music is gaining acceptance all the time, its not easy for someone to have a paradigm shift from what theyre used to hearing. I know when I first heard people screaming in music, I just thought it was hilarious. the first band that I ever heard scream was Poison the Well and I thought it was the funniest thing ever but I still listened to it for that reason. After hearing The Locust's "Live From The Russian Compound" and watching the music video, I still thought screaming in music was hilarious. I gradually liked screaming in music by listening to commonly misconcepted "screamo" bands like From Autumn to Ashes and A Static Lullaby. With every change and acceptance in anything, it has to be gradual.
bardonodude is offline   Reply With Quote