Music Banter - View Single Post - Nirvana- nevermind album review
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 10:07 PM   #60 (permalink)
RapSucks
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
If i'm comparing music now to what it was like pre Nirvana I don't need to reference the 90s , You said they changed music YOU back it up. Mentioning a few stadium rock bands from the mid 90s proves nothing, If they changed music for the better NOW then please show me where.
I think I mentioned more than a "few stadium rock bands" in the mid 90's. I mentioned as many 90's alternate rock bands as I could think of within a reasonable amount of time. Some of which are still alive and kicking today. There is a lot of rock music today I don't particularly care for, but that doesn't mean it's as bad as the 10 years previous to Nirvana. I'm sorry, I can't stand the majority of 80's mainstream music!! It was a horrible decade for music. That's just my opinion.

As I explained in a previous post without Nirvana, I wouldn't have most of the music I listen to today. That's why I said they saved music IN MY OPINION. Nirvana accomplished a lot more than a lot of bands in modern rock and certainly more than any mainstream 80's band accomplished.
RapSucks is offline   Reply With Quote