Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Metallica Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 11:06 PM   #363 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Because its the typical METALLICA SUX crap metal fans seem to constantly bring up?
Actually read my post properly. I like Metallica and I'm pretty sure I said that somewhere. I just DON'T THINK HAMMETT IS GREAT. noob.

I love Metallica.

Quote:
I forgot the readers not the publishers pick the covers of the magazine, and did you not read my post? Most guitar players can tell a simple riff like Iron Man from some intricate solo.
I see - technicality is the most important thing now. But don't you understand that the publishers pick a cover because it either satisfies existing customers or attracts new ones - they do it because it works. So either way, some of the people who voted in the best guitarist poll would have agreed with that Simple Plan part - thus their credibility is invalidated.

Quote:
See, you're using weak comparison to prove your point, that doesn't work.
How is it a weak comparison - I'm proving why the '4000 people say it is' argument doesn't work and is stupid.

Quote:
No, 4000 people that are most likely all guitar players saying the guitaring is good, that isn't incredibly weak. Once again work on your comparisons.
How can those people judge Hammett in comparison to other guitarists when:

a.) Almost all of them don't realise that he didn't write all of his own solos. Even Big3 didn't realise, and he loves Metallica.

b.) They're clearly biased towards rock/metal.

c.) Most of them haven't heard much music, hence haven't heard many guitarists.

d.) Most people are fanboys - and seeing that Metallica is popular, probability says most will be Metallica fanboys. Guitar players or not, people suffer from fanboyism to varying degrees. It affects the ability to judge.

Just remember, it's a popularity poll.

Quote:
Yeah but you're passing stuff off like "lars drumming is bland and cliche" and arguing it as fact, which is why I found the IMO part funny.
Where have I tried passing it off as fact - it's my opinion? It is an informed opinion, but an opinion nevertheless.

I was going to add "Ulrich is sh1t IMO", but he's not part of the Hammett debate now, so it's irrelevant.

Last edited by Seltzer; 05-21-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Seltzer is offline   Reply With Quote