Music Banter - View Single Post - English grammar
Thread: English grammar
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Default English grammar

This topic trouble me so. First off, I don't understand how anyone can go through schooling and not know how to spell properly. How does that happen? Are you people not required to write in school? Are all your classes oral? Do you not read books? I'm speaking from a viewpoint of a foreigner who took English twice a week (yes, that means I was required to speak or read in English only an hour and a half a week) and yet it appears that my grammar is better than 70% of the native English speakers...are you people not embarrassed of this fact? Admittedly, my grammar and spelling are far from perfect, but if I can manage to construct a coherent sentence in a foreign language, how is it that so many native English speakers fail to do the same? Really...I'm curious to know. What are your excuses? How do the rest of you, the (seeming) minority that has a handle on their own language, explain this phenomenon?

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote