Music Banter - View Single Post - Science Vs. God
Thread: Science Vs. God
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Alexander the Grape
Un****withable

I like it. The subject is very interesting. My favorite part is the second half of the second stanza. The only thing I question is the rhythm, or lack thereof. Because of this the piece isn't really unified and doesn't flow real well.

I just wrote an 8 page paper for sociology on the threat of fundamentalist Christians, and the stuff I read about Phelps, Falwell, and other fundamentalists literally made me sick.

As for why people are how they are, I believe all evil stems from 2 sources. The first is greed (which includes jealousy), which is rooted in the survival instincts we inherited from our primative anscestors, so is scientifically explainable.

The second is baseless hate or spite, which most human beings are indoctrined into through society and the teachings of their parents. This includes racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. I can't say where this hate originally started (I could probably tie it to greed if I really tried), but it has been passed down for so long that people don't even know why they hate, they just do. Its part of humanity's willingness to conform and belief anything they are told when they are young.

And if you're looking for peace and comfort, don't look towards religion or science for the answers, look within yourself.
Yeah, that was lame.