Music Banter - View Single Post - Listen to the Song Above you and Than Post a Song
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
This is kind of based off a thread that moses did, where one person posted a band the person below that person checked them out and said what they thought and posted another band.

In this thread you upload a song say some stuff about it, person below you says what they think and does what you did and so on. I figured doing songs would be nice since theres alot of times I hear a song and think 'more people should hear this.'.

People are probably going to hate this just because of who its by but i've been listening to it frequently since I heard it and the lyrics are just amazing, "Doctor Oppenheimer winced when he felt the broken piece of his pacemaker / Unbuttoned his shirt on a subway platform, clutching his chest while his vision blurred / He saw the bane of his creation. The destroyer of the world / Yeah, truth can lead to solace or a lifelong bender / It’s like wading through a wasteland where a town you loved once stood / You just cry each time you think of when times were good". It appear on a saddle creek compilation. Jenny Lewis from Rilo Kiley/Solo sings on it, shes also worked with the Elected, Cursive, M. Ward etc.

Bright Eyes "Napoleon's Hat"
Ok, I'll bite. I'll admit I've never been a big fan of Bright Eyes, but that song's not bad. I like that super minimalist percussion.

So mine's "Take Pills" by Panda Bear. Strangely organic loops in the background, Brian Wilson-ish vocals in the foreground. I love how this song has several very different movements and I really like where the vocal melody ends up in the last third or so of the song. Here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3o9ztjmzyga
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote