Music Banter - View Single Post - How much has your music taste changed over the years?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

I started out listening to The Eagles when I was 2 years old. Take it Easy was my favorite song. Then when I was 4 or 5 I got into boy band pop like Backstreet Boys, N' Sync, etc. Then I listened to practically no music for like 4 years.

Then when I was in 4th grade I started to get into commercial hip-hop and R@B along with rock bands like GC, All-American Rejects, you know the stupid stuff. After that i went into a country phase, in which I heavily listened to Alan Jackson, Tim Mcgraw, etc. Then I went on to listen to no music for about a year.

Then when I was in 6th grade I got into radio metal like Disturbed, SOAD, Staind. I also listened to a lot of grunge. I was in this phase for awhile. Finally last year, April 19th (yes I have it on my calendar,) I was introduced to Metalcore and the band As I Lay Dying, which after that my bias on music with harse vocals completely went away. After that in about August I stopped listening to Metalcore, because it was too repeditive for me, and I started to listen to In Flames, which got me into Death Metal.

Shortly after that I was intoduced to Opeth from a guy on another forum, which after that I started to understand that music that isn't original or complex is just plain boring. After that I sprawled out across many genres, which is pretty much the phase I am in now. I have given up videogames so that I can discover new bands and now I am a music addict.