Music Banter - View Single Post - How much has your music taste changed over the years?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 06:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN
Account Disabled

Drastically changed over a course of not so long. I only started listening to music around when I was 13. My favourite bands were U2, System of a Down, Billy Talent, Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Ministry, The Mars Volta and In Flames. Eventually, someone introduced me to Alkaline Trio and with that came some Hot Water Music. As well, got me into The Misfits and I think the Dead Kennedys I have came from that. Around the same time I listened to some Black Dahlia Murder and a band called The Agony Scene.

Not sure when, but somewhere down the line, I think in the later months of 14 I heard some CTTS. It was either CTTS or Converge that was the first hardcore sort of band that I listened to. I listened to As I Lay Dying a bit. Sometime after I turned 15 I was listening to similiar stuff to CTTS on Last.fm and eventually came across Venus and Bacchus by Saetia. Ever since then the majority of music I've listened to has been emo and screamo, which I've been listening to and adding more of to my library when I come across it.

They years are sort of rough, I don't exactly remember when I listened to what, but yeah.