Music Banter - View Single Post - saddle creek
Thread: saddle creek
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

You know saddle creek has really been sucking dick lately, I hope this is just some sort of slump but the last few (and only a few) new artists they've signed have been terrible/mediocre. Georgie James? Eric Bachmann? So bad.

If you look at their artists too nearly half of them have left the label/broken up/aren't doing anything anymore. Their last few releases haven't been great either, Lynn Teeter Flower was okay but didn't touch 11:11 and Cassadaga was probably one of the most disappointing albums of the year. The best album was probably Happy Hollow and i'm pretty sure Cursive won't be doing anything for awhile and may possibly break up since Kasher's busy with hollywood, and Bright Eyes is on their way out so their most popular band will be Two Gallants. I think the fact they've started pushing old albums like When Jamie Went To London says enough really. They need more new acts, they're going to be without any music if things keep going this way.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote