Music Banter - View Single Post - MDFV Review
Thread: MDFV Review
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Default MDFV Review

people mentioned are on another board with me

Saprogenic - wasn't there
Foetopsy - wasn't there
Flagjap - alot better than I remember them being from their myspace songs. Reminded me alot of Exhumed for some reason
Nunwhore - skipped
Gorod - ****ing awesome. They played Chronicle Of The Stone Age, Blackout, Here Die Your Gods, Harmony In Torture, and one other old one.
Skitsystem - caught the end of them. I like some crust, but these guys didn't really do it for me.
CBT - missed. And am glad for it.
Rotten Sound - missed, kinda mad I did.
Gorerotted - GAGGED, SHAGGED, BODYBAGGED!
General Surgery - blew me away, wasn't huge into them before this, but that live show gave me new respect for them. I'll be listening to them alot more now.
Regurgitate - didn't watch, probably a bad call. But no 666 Casualties = no watch
Vomitory - lol. skipped.
ENT - one singer is a no go fellas
Brutal Truth - missed, and I'm kinda mad, even though everyone said it wasn't great.

locked my keys in my car, so after trying to break in for an hour, we payed 90 ****ing bucks for a locksmith to come out. Went to John (PrenatalButchery)'s house and smoked/chilled/slept. Good dude.

Putrescence - wasn't back yet
Exhale - wasn't there, wanted to be though
**** The Facts - their singer reminds me of a shorter, more pissed off Uma Thurman. They sounded great though
Jigsore Terror - caught one song, laughed.
Odious Mortem - sounded tight, but they weren't moving and neither was the crowd. Hopefully their new record wins over some new fans.
Retaliation - bland as ****
Misery Index - caught the end of them, was good.
Ghoul - Gut Bucket Blues made my fest.

I left after Ghoul. Probably shoulda stayed for Birdflesh, but I was way too tired. Got lost on the way back so I didn't get home till 10:20. All in all a good weekend. Brian/Mike/David were all cool guys once the whole meeting-people-from-the-internet weirdness wore off. John was hilarious and I'll probably be seeing him at a show or two this summer.

Good weekend all around.