Music Banter - View Single Post - How much has your music taste changed over the years?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
anticipation
Music Addict

At a very young age, I was introduced to the likes of U2 and Third Eye Blind by my mother, and everything from Muddy Waters to Kyuss (i.e. Blues for the Red Sun ftw), to Django Reinhardt by my father.

I did not start developing my own musical tastes until about 8 years old. I had then discovered The Ramones, Sex Pistols, New York Dolls, Richard Hell, and so on. I became infatuated for about 3 years until I started a sort of resurgence of rhythm and blues, and soul. I was utterly devoted to Syl Johnson, and Blind Lemon Jefferson.

Then, a miracle happened. After so many years of hating and not recognzing the amazing genre of rap and hip-hop, I had begun to feverently listen to any rap I could get my hands on. NWA to Public Enemy, and of course, the whole Stones Throw arist family.

At this current point in time, I am digging on anyone who can play a guitar with skill and grace. Heavily rotating in my life are folk artists such as Noah Georgeson and Devendra Banhart, to The Fall Of Troy, and Andres Segovia.