Music Banter - View Single Post - Band that you like, but everyone else doesnt...
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 02:00 PM   #202 (permalink)
coffeeshop
From beyond the grave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Totally with you on pre-7th Son Maiden , can't stand anything they did after that. I still listen to quite a few NWOBHM bands even though I hardly listen to metal much these days.
I actually own 5 copies of their Maiden Japan ep.
No Prayer for the Dying is awful. Fear of the Dark is not that much better apart from the couple of athems. Then the Blaze era was like a black hole. Brave New World and Dance of Death are decent enough albums but they dont feel complete. They finally got it together again with 'A Matter of Life and Death' and when they played the whole of it live it sounded amazing.
"In this Catholic Club they never had the ****ing TV on and I was going, 'That Big Brother, it won't catch on. British people won't watch that ****.' And then they went, at nine o' clock, 'Shh!' and turned the telly on! It was, like, people asleep in bed. To me, I can't understand that. The encouraging thing is, 'You were right all along, Smith: people are stupid." - Mark E Smith