Music Banter - View Single Post - 10 Reasons Why The Rolling Stones Were Better Than The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 11:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
But you`ve missed the most obvious point. This thread isn`t about Mick Jagger being the best frontman in the world. It`s about the Stones being better than the Beatles. Yes it is only opinion , but the Beatles didn`t have a frontman , so to me that makes Jagger a better frontman than anyone in the Beatles by default.

Besides isn`t it obvious by the title of this thread that this is going to be a one sided arguement. Tell me i`m wrong , tell me i`m an ******* , come up with a list why the Beatles were better show some PASSION ... don`t just say 'well it`s your opinion' like some bleeding heart liberal & leave it at that.
sorry but im not going to call you a ******* just because you think somebody is better than somebody else- that isnt the way i work.
however, isnt the fact all 4 members of the beatles were able to act as frontman a point in their favour? and isnt the fact they have the biggest british selling album of all time another point? and isnt the fact they had 28 number ones a mark of one of the finest bands ever? i know your saying the stones were a better rock band- and rock bands dont care too much for chart success- but the success the beatles had is unequalled and i just think that alone makes them the best british band in history. your talking about woman associated with the groups and playing gigs at gunpoint but to me that is comnpletely irrelevant to who was the best band.also, what does the solo exploits of starr, McCartney and jagger have to do with the BANDS themselves? and anyway, even if we were talking about solo success, id like to see jagger produce something anywhere near as good as imagine or war is over (if you want it). who cares if starr did some kids narration. plus, in my opinion, the messages the beatles conveyed in their songs had a much more profound effect on society than anything the stones did. "let it be", "all you need is love", "come together"- all huge messages to society. finally, you say the beatles didnt touch on sex and drugs etc, "come together, right now, over me" <---quite obvious what that suggests. and most of their latter stuff had drug referances- hell, half the staff was written because of drugs.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote