Music Banter - View Single Post - Hot Cross
Thread: Hot Cross
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #80 (permalink)
beat yr own KID
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendude View Post
The guitar is nothing special, just a bunch of little riffs that are a bit technical but just plain boring. Lyrics are pretentious and the vocals don't fit well into the music. Granted, I find them better than most other "post-hardcore" bands out there, but they're still nothing special. I don't see how you can not get bored by this... you just can't feel any emotion behind it. It feels like they're playing just to play (and it feels that way live, too). I wish it was less technical, because as it is it's far too rigid/structured. I would compare them to The Fall of Troy (not quite so boring as they, though), maybe, or an even less interesting At the Drive-In. I'm sure I could find a number of other bands who remind me of them, but I don't listen to them as I find them boring and emotionless.
Wierd. I don't get that at all from them. Especially live.
I was dead. This was hell. There were no demons, no hellfire or brimstone, just a deep, complete feeling of darkness and hopelessness. This was the never-ending void. Not at all how I had imagined it, but worse than I thought that it could have been.
beat yr own KID is offline   Reply With Quote